I SAY CRABBY YOU SAY CLAWS |

by - 16:02


No cutleries. Just hands. 

I went to Lone Pine Hotel Penang the other day to try their latest addition at The Bungalow called the Crabby Claws. I know I am supposed to write about food here but hey, I'm a sucker for packaging, designs and copy-writing so now if I could, I'd love to give a few pats on the designer's shoulder before I go on raving about the seafood. I love how the poster & menu looks omg! Cuteness overload! 

If you don't already know, the concept of Crabby Claws is similar to the Crab & Lobster in Straits Quay where the food is served on the table itself without plates and guests are encouraged to eat with their hands instead of using cutleries. Similar, except I prefer Crabby Claws! Read on to find out why besides the fact that I can finally eat with my hands without feeling judged. 

I arrived a little earlier and I got to capture this beautiful view just right in front of The Bungalow where I was gonna have my dinner... The Bungalow is an al fresco restaurant by the beach which serves buffet breakfast, western and local delights during the day & evening. 


Before the dinner started, I was gazing at the beauty of the poolside. It's so serene I feel rested just by looking.


Refreshing fruit punch was specially prepared for us. So pretty! 
This is Patrick & Barry and there's one more, Steven Goh who made the evening a little more fun! 





At Crabby Claws, every seat is 'equipped' with 1 apron, a pair of gloves for you to put on and a bowl of water with lemon for you to clean your hands after the meal. The apron is the cutest of all! See how I pulled it off...
Ta daa! Nice rite? Hahaha!! 
There is a grill station with a wide array of seafood for you to choose from. They have mud crab, flower crab, King prawn, Tiger prawn and a few choices of fish, scallops, squid, clams, mussels and more. These are all available at market price. If you are lazy to choose, you can select from their sets instead. And if you want to have a balanced meal, don't worry, you can also pick out your favourite vegie and it will be cooked and served to you. 

Mud Crab & Flower Crab
King prawn & Tiger prawn 
Mussels & Scallops & Mussels & more Scallops
I especially love their prawns coz they were so meaty & so fresh. I think I had like 8 that night. Besides walloping the prawns, I also had a fair share of mega size mussels and not forgetting the giant scallops! I know I very kampung girl but it was my first time having the scallop. I loved it so much! OMG. I think I generally like everything seafood.

Here's the chef prepping the fish for us. I love how fresh the fish is! 

As mentioned earlier, there are 2 sets that you can choose from which look like this:

Set A (RM79nett) 
300g prawns | 180g squids | 150g kappa | 150g clams | sweet peas | potatoes | corns
(with your choice of plain rice / mantou / garlic bread)

Set B (RM138nett)
500g Mud Crab | 300g prawns |180g squids | 150g kappa | 150g clams | sweet peas | potatoes | corns
(with your choice of plain rice / mantou / garlic bread)

There are 3 types of sauce available and they are: 
  • Sweet & Sour
  • Indonesian Curry
  • Kam Heong 
I like that the sets are pretty affordable coz the last time I went to Crab & Lobster, I left with my stomach half full. It was a bit too pricey to order more so 4 people shared 1 set. Haha! We stingy like dat!

I bet you got bored looking at the raw stuff. I shall not withhold you anymore from cooked seafood...

Indonesian Curry
This one is Set B with Indonesian Curry. I have to say that I super duper love this sauce. It goes so well with the seafood. Although it has a thicker sauce, you could still eat it with rice coz the taste is heavenly! All the seafood was coated completely with the sauce and I have to admit I sucked the sauce outta the prawns & crabs. If you were wondering, nope, although it's called curry, it is not very spicy. I think people who can't eat spicy food can tolerate this.

Kam Heong
I also tried the Kam Heong sauce with the mini deep fried mantou. I personally wouldn't prefer this coz I am not a fan of Kam Heong sauce... But for those who like, you may try. It was a little salty for my liking but still very acceptable. I super love the mantou I think I took like 6 or something.

Sweet & Sour
The last one I tried was the Sweet & Sour sauce. I would also recommend this sauce to people who like sweetness in their food... (For example my bf, he would lick the table). I had this with some mantou and it was amazing. Did you know? You can order more mantou for RM11.65 nett for 8 pieces. I also love the combination of the vegie in this coz I super love the sweet peas in this sauce OMG I want more!


Do you remember seeing the chef at the grill station? These 2 were what he was working on. It's so surprising that the fish doesn't have that fishy smell and the meat was so smooth it was hard to take with my fingers. Over at the grill station, they have a few choices of fish for you to choose from and they are all sold at market price.

Here's the cutesy menu I was talking about:



I hope my post & photos did justice to my overall experience at Crabby Claws. If you like seafood like I do, quick, book a table, bring your friends/family along and start FEASTING!

Thank you Lone Pine Hotel Penang for your hospitality.

Crabby Claws
Venue: The Bungalow, Lone Pine Hotel Penang
Time: 7.00pm - 10.30pm, Thursdays only
Contact: Tel +604 886 8566

Thank you for reading!

Love,
Sheryn

You May Also Like

0 kind notes