Shaltts On Tour: Langkawi 2016 |

by - 16:49

As promised in my last post on our all-girls trip, here's our Langkawi trip that we just came back from! If you're too lazy to read this you can watch my VLOG here.



There was an endless conversation on where to go, who can go who cannot go, where to stay, how to get there, what to eat.. etc. And most of the time these conversations got me super stressed up. We actually planned from CNY this year. So when we finally confirmed where to go, we got our ferry tickets online. It's RM140 per pax for a return trip. I booked Paradise Homestay located in Kuah (10 minutes from the Jetty). We got a whole house coz I thought it will be better for a big group like us if we needed more privacy and I knew we would be making some really loud noise. Haha! Being kia-si of wasting time and stuff, I did some quick research and came up with the itinerary for the 3days/2nights trip. Here is how they look like:

When the day came, we all woke up early (surprisingly) and then requested for Uber. To our shock, there wasn't any Uber around. I tried for an hour. Until the very last minute Sean tried and we managed to get one. Everyone arrived at the jetty and we boarded the ferry at 8.30am. It was 9 of us and Kyra the baby. The journey took 3 hours +. Sean made me breakfast... So sweet of him.. Give him some brownie points!


Finally arrived!!
When we finally arrived we were greeted by many people trying to rent us their cars/vans but sorta ignored them and headed straight to the counters and looked for 'Auntie Transport' she quoted us RM300 per day for a van and refused any negotiation. So we thought maybe we could try asking the ones who greeted us. They quoted us RM760 for a 13-seat van and we agreed. We SAVED RM140 ok! The appointed driver was Sean. He was super excited and happy that he got to drive the bad boy. It was no joke coz it was a manual van and it's super huge.






By that time we were HUNGRY and as planned in the itinerary, we went to Langkawi Fair Mall for our lunch. Once we got into the mall, I went into the first shop where they sell clothes and swim wear. There I saw a two-piece swim wear and loved it immediately. I took it, tried it and bought it! It was RM89.90 and super pretty and had my size! We didn't know where to eat so we went to Secret Recipe for our lunch. I ordered Aglio Olio and it was the most horrible one I have ever tasted. So obviously I did not enjoy. :( Right after lunch, we went to do some grocery shopping for breakfast the next day. There was Billion supermarket right beside the Langkawi Fair Mall. We bought eggs, sausages, mushroom soup, yogurt, milk, biscuits, snacks, coffee etc.


Enough for 9 always hungry people?

Training ground for Boon Kheng! 
Right after grocery shopping, we headed straight to the Homestay. I never got to meet the owner, Wei Seng. He only sent me the pin number for the lock and we had the whole place to ourselves. I loved the house coz it was huge and clean and just perfect for us. The moment we entered the house we felt great coz the AC was turned on! How thoughtful of him? It was scorching hot in Langkawi! However, I didn't like the cigarette smell of the place. It was really strong. I apologise for the poor quality of the photos you've seen thus far. They are taken from social media...

Some of the rooms in Paradise Homestay

We were supposed to leave the house at 4pm and head to Underwater World but while Lee Yip, Serene and I were resting in the room, they doubted that it closes at 10pm (written in my itinerary) so Lee Yip checked again and found out that it closes at 6pm! So we had to rearrange the schedule and went to the beach instead. At the beach we had so much fun!








Before Banana Boat



Wayang!


After spending 3 hours at the beach, we had dinner at Yellow Cafe which was just down the road... The food was pretty pricey and the taste was so-so except for the Yellow Pizza which was quite special. 






The next day, we went Underwater World, Sky Cab & Sky Bridge. It was super hot everyone was kinda grumpy and we needed to queue for super long to board the cable car hence our very unglam faces.. Haha!














So glad they came.. The trip wouldn't be the same without you guys!

















When we were at Underwater World, we got to experience typhoon, earthquake and Tsunami. They had this stimulation room where they put a screen, a platform and a few blowers to create the experience. I was hesitant to go coz I felt a little awkward where there are people who lost everything after these natural disasters and here we are paying money to experience them. In the end I gave in to the ever convincing Leeyip and went. 

We each paid RM18 and were given a thin plastic poncho coz we were gonna get a little wet. When it was our turn, Melvyn being adventurous asked for more water, to be exact, "basah kuyup". Everything that happened in that room was history. To sum up, we screamed our lungs out and laughed our hearts out! Groups before us came out dry... We came out drenched in water. Some of our ponchos were lost during the typhoon. 

I'd like to also confess something here... I also peed a little in my pants hahaha!! I was so scared omg you have no idea. I could sing karaoke for hours and wouldn't lose my voice but this 10-minute experience caused me to lose my voice until now.
Before entering the room we were dry and pretty

When we came out... We were soaking wet! Haha
After this we went to Pantai Cenang and did more Jet Ski. This place is soooo beautiful...




VIBESSS


We had dinner at Weng Fung Seafood. Omg the food is yummy and CHEAP! We had like 7 - 8 dishes and it was only RM222!! So after dinner we were just talking about how other people go on a holiday where they get to relax and enjoy and ours was quite the opposite coz we were constantly hungry and tired, I blame the heat! Haha! But we had such a great laugh about it. We went chocolate and liquor shopping after dinner and bought so much gosh. My money flew away again... And after everything we finally got home... We bathed and rested for a while and then gathered for board games and had a super duper fun time. We played Taboo and we tweak the rules a little and we went crazy... Trust me, we were super loud. Now I pity the neighbours. So we went to bed at about 2am and woke up early the next day to send Lee Yip and Boon Kheng off to the jetty as they continue their holiday at Koh Lipe.. After that, we sent Hui Ling, Ah Wei and baby off to airport and it was 5 of us for 4 hours with nothing to do and we decided to go makan.




Love the sauce on the fish!

Best grilled lamb ever! 





Here's Melvyn and Tracy posing with the eagle
Sean and Serene taking photo for the couple





It was soooo hot at Dataran Lang we needed the shade so badly. After this we went to Paparich and spent 1 hour plus playing Boggle Slam! and had a good time being punished by Jelly Bean's Bean Boozled. I ate a booger :/ 

Boggle Slam!

Melvyn won this round so the rest of us were Bean Boozled! 

I really had a great time this trip and I think the rest did too! I would not trade another lifetime for this trip. Super duper love!! 

Thank you for reading! 

Love, 
Sheryn 

You May Also Like

0 kind notes