1995 |

by - 10:35



5.15pm today (30/7/2017), I was in the retirement home my grandparents are now living in, chit chatting away with my grandfather about the past... I haven't been frequent with my visits for a long time now and decided to bring them out for a dinner treat today. Before we left for dinner, Kung Kung wanted to go to the toilet. Since mummy made some Chinese dessert, she had asked him to have some. As he lifts the spoon we saw him shivering vigorously, something like Parkinson's.  He then complained it was too cold (believe me it was like 35°c that time). The shiver continued and he turned yellow. As a chatty person, he still wanted to speak but no one could understand what he was saying. Later on he was breathing very heavily, as if he was going to....

At that time his whole body was still shivering. Sean was holding him tightly and rubbing his palm so he wouldn't feel so cold. All wrapped up in his thick blanket, he was still shaking. I quickly went to grab his pair of long pants so he could be warm. I lifted the pants up it was heavy. I reached out to the pockets and picked out some used tissue paper, some papre, a plastic cup (omg why?) & the last thing I picked from his pocket was a photo of me when I was 5. I couldn't hold my tears the moment I saw the photo. I looked at it while listening to the sound of his heavy breathing and I was shaken. "I am not ready!", I told God. "Please, Lord don't take him yet!" "Heal him, comfort him" were the words in my mind the entire time. Thankfully after close to 20 mins of shiver and heavy breatbkng, Kung Kung was finally calmed and stable. I refuse to let him sleep. I continued talking to him until the ambulance came. 

I couldn't even explain the intensity of the few moments when he was shivering, yellow and looked like shutting down. We fed him hot Milo as he refused to drink. We didn't know what to do but pray..

... The photo I found  was me acting on stage in my kindergarten's annual graduation. Behind the photo were scribbles of what event that photo was taken at. It was 1995. I was then 5. I was technically brought up by both my grandparents and I still cannot imagine them not being around anymore because they really, mean the world to me. Just the thought of losing them would cause me to tear buckets. 

At 9.30pm, we received the best news ever. Kung Kung can finally go back and only needs to be on antibiotics for a week. Although they are suspecting a lung infection, I am still thankful that he made it! Thank you, Jesus!

Thank you for reading!

Love,
Sheryn

You May Also Like

0 kind notes