I Said 'Yes!' |

by - 16:25


This is my 100th blog entry and I'm soooo happy to announce that I am engaged! 
He liked me (obviously) and he put a ring on me. 😝

On the last day of 2017, 1 day before our 5th anniversary as a courting couple, he proposed and boy did I underestimate him. >.< Nothing seemed suspicious at all, they're such good actors! It's a shame that I don't have the photos but I'd probably update them here once I receive them. 

So what happened was, we were going to our friend's (Hong's) place for NYE BBQ party at the beach and when we arrived, I saw tikki torches along the way to the beach and on the beach, there was this camp fire in the middle, surrounded by more tikki torches in a circle. It looked really nice ok. But, it didn't hint me at all. 

And when everyone was just 'preparing' I was having a burp battle with Karen just like the good ol' days! Haha! Please excuse me for being myself. And all of a sudden my cute lil' god dotter called out to me, passed me a small card. I asked if someone gave it to her but she just remained silent. As I was trying to unfold the envelope, I saw my name written in front. Until that moment, I was still not at all suspicious and thought it was a Christmas card or something.  Then as I opened it... I knew immediately what was happening. I could feel a sudden numbness in my body. As if everything was a dream and I was a little confused if it was really happening. Also at that very moment, I looked around. I was looking for him. Then I saw an entourage walking down from the staircase along the tikki torches set up along the way. They were wearing white. He was holding a bouquet of monstera leaves, baby breaths and pink daisies. HOW CUTE!! I need to thank my all time bestie, Serene for this amazing selection. I am not really into real flora but those 3 are probably the only ones I like.














The entourage all walked to the middle, somewhere near the camp fire where I was squatting (coz I was talking to my 2+ Y/O god dotter)... And I was so overwhelmed I can't even describe that feeling. He changed his attire omg. I was already tearing. In my heart, just hoping my sister would witness all this, I saw her walking out towards me and guys, I wept. I had to control so bad to stop crying coz I'd look extra bad in photos haha! So many people were there, including my parents, his parents and siblings and many close friends. I wished there were more close friends there but I understand it's not easy to ask 100 people to keep the top secret. Hah!



He said a bunch of stuff which I clearly cannot remember now but he got on his knees. I was still in shock. He asked "Will You Marry Me?" and I laughed and said "YES!" so he put the ring on my finger. 

My lovely fam bam!
I want to thank everyone for planning with him behind my back, keeping it a secret so that I can experience the surprise, those who decorated, made the fire, cooked, bought food, took photos and videos, and by just being there. Thank you guys! You guys rock my socksss!! 




P/S: All the photos posted here are of really low quality because WhatsApp.

Thank you for reading! 

Love, 
Sheryn 

You May Also Like

0 kind notes