Going Solo because YOLO!

by - 23:11

Thought I shouldn't make a hooha about this but oh well, writing mood kicking in and I have something to write about. Haha. Bear with me!

2 weeks ago some church friends planned to go for a retreat. First to Gerik, Perak then to KL. I couldn't make it with them for the first 2 days coz of work so decided to travel by bus and meet them in KL. I only realised that it was the Raya hols like 4 days before my trip and I haven't booked or bought any ticket yet. I quickly went to Aeroline's website to book. I'm pretty amazed by how they made booking a ticket so easy. Like no fuss at all. And everything was simple. So to my shock, my ticket was the last seat they had for the date and time. And I totally believe this is God's favor. Thank you, Lord!

Dad dropped me at Queensbay Mall, where their pick up point is. They have an office there right at the main road. Checking in was easy too! I just went to the email in my phone, showed them my serial no. got my ticket and I was done in, say 2 mins?  Super fast. However the ticket I bought was supposed to be an 8am bus and they bus came at 8.30am. Still ok la. Not that bad actually..
The moment I stepped into the bus I was already quite surprised at the good upkeep. Coz previously I think I've always taken the cheapest bus available coz was travelling with a bunch of ppl. And also, was a teenager. Haha! So, my seat wad right at the back, right smack in the centre. Fine. I've no problem coz already prepared myself when I saw my seat on the website. One thing I admire most is the screen that has so many movies, songs, video clips stored for me to watch. And better still coz I was alone! No need to feel awkward!
Here's how the screen looks like:




And one more super cool thing. Since I was seated at the centre, my screen can shift one. So I can pull it as close to me as I want! Super thankful! So I watched This Means War and many other random clips. 

Okay. Besides the super cool screen, they have super the cool service I tell you! About 30mins after we've settled down, the bus steward came to deliver sandwiches. Omg. I didn't even expect. Oh before that, he went around giving out headphones too. But I didn't take coz I was already watching something with my earphones. Haha that's like the first thing I did. PLUGGG INN!!! 


So after the sandwiches he came giving me a bottle of mineral water. ?#$?_)@)? Cool. And then he came giving me a piece of blanket!?#%@&#:# I was really cold. So nice. And then he went around asking "coffee, tea or Milo?" Of course I chose coffee. So after a while my coffee came. It was really good white coffee okay! And it helped me warm up. Wahhh Aeroline why u so efficient?!
Ok. So the best part is that I was really comfortable the whole journey. It didn't feel like I was in there for 4-5 hours. Coz I was like so occupied with amazement. Haha! So I had to wait until my friends arrive which will be like 5-6 hours later so I had to hang around wherever the bus dropped me. Right. Before I forget. The drop off is at Corus Hotel, Jalan Ampang which is just opposite KLCC. Besides that there's also another not-so-glam mall, Avenue K. I walked to KLCC with my heavy bag on my back. Looked totally like an explorer. 


And I didn't feel good coz the mall there like so high class and I wasn't like in the right place. So after like 1 hour just walking around finding toilet and the correct exit, I walked out and I kept walking to find Avenue K which I think I belong more there. I just couldn't find. For a moment I was actually scared. It was my first time there leh. So u think I walked about 10 mins then I saw crowds of people looking up and all with either cameras or mobiles on their hands. So I turned around and looked up. Omg!! It's the twin towers!! Ok I know I will sound a bit stupid but I've always wanted to take a selfie with them towers! And I accidentally found them!!! Of course of course I took selfies. But wasn't very successful coz it was so hot I could barely see my screen.


After selfie. Realised I couldn't even see shadow of Avenue K, so I walked back to KLCC. Saw Rolls Royce for the first time. There:


Then I tried another exit. And it was the correct one. So I walked over and I was starving. So I went to have the cheapest meal-Subway sandwich. They have Tandoori Chcken Subway! Yummz!


Oh Ya didn't mention this. I dropped my Note 3 and the screen blacked out. So I had to save money to send it for repair. Sobs. Back to lunch, by far the longest lunch I've had. Haha I sat there alone for so long. Was thinking of what to do besides shopping coz my bag back there was pretty heavy, I thought of manicure. So I searched for one but one of the workers said they don't have a manicure parlour there.. few mins later I stopped in front of a facial and spa place and they also do manicure! Woohoo! So to cut the story really short, manicure was horrible coz I had to teach her how to apply the color. But I appreciate the time spent there coz the lady was quite nice. Cost me RM25. In the end I happy she happy. There the pink one: 


 Just a while after I was done, my friends called and say they're reaching soon to pick me up! Whee! So end of story. It was fun travelling alone. Something I didn't see myself doing. Ok for some you might think omg like that also want to boast? Yes please. I am a very dependant child. So for me to do this is already a huge improvement. Even my mum called and asked me to be careful a million times. As if I'm in a foreign country. Haha! Hope to do this more often though. I enjoy being alone too!

Thank you, Aeroline, if you ever see this. I will recommend this bus my friends next time because of the great experience I had!

Thank you for reading! :)


You May Also Like

0 kind notes