Circle In The Sand

by - 21:08

Went to Pulau Perhentian last weekend and it was THE best time of my life!! 7 of us went in 2 cars, drove 6.5 hours, and an hour on the boat until we reached our destination: Arwana Resort, Perhentian Besar. Hope this post will inspire you to go for short getaways like this too!
Meanwhile, at the back seat, thrilled coz we were about to reach
We had lunch at the Kuala Besut jetty area. There are a few small restaurants which you can choose from. The food prices start from RM6. Taste, I would say not bad... or... maybe I was too hungry. Don't remember the name of this place :(

My Bee Hoon soup 

Our happy and excited faces right after we had reached the Kuala Besut jetty area
So after lunch we headed straight to the pier to catch our boat ride. We needed to pay RM5 for the Marine Conservation purpose, which I find, not that bad at all coz the water was nice, means the 5 bucks was worth it la.. Usually you need to arrange for the boat rides few days before, which I forgot and I called the hotel one day before to book but was too late so they gave me Kak Ani's number. I called Kak Ani, Kuala Besut Travel & Tours to arrange for our boat rides. Before we went I checked many times on the websites and on every page states RM70 per way. So we were quite prepared to spend over 100 bucks only for the boat ride. To my surprise, Kak Ani was so kind to give us I-don't-know-what -sorta discount, so per person, for a return ticket only cost RM60!! How?? Ask God, He must be the one behind this! :P And she is also a really, really helpful person. We sort of got lost (minor ones) and she managed to send someone to get us. God sent!

I booked the hotel through booking.com 2 weeks before our trip and it cost us around RM1.1k for 2 nights. Cheap huh? So per person was only about RM110, 2 nights. 5 of us shared one roomwhile the other 2 shared another. Upon check in, we were offered 7 cups of refreshing chilled strawberry guava cordial which really surprised me! So sad I forgot to take pictures of the room to show you how spacious it is! This is the only photo I have of the room :( 

The boys worked really hard to make sure I sleep well :')

After a getting MY bed ready, we went to the B.E.A.C.H. Getting into the water was crazy, we kept screaming coz the dead corals that lie all over the place were really pointy and sharp. And there were, of course, many other sea stuff as well.. We got a little umcomfy until we saw clown fish and sea cucumber. Stayed there for almost 3 hours. 


Wheee how I wish my camera could capture the clarity of the water

What's beneath the` water..? Testing the water before jumping in

Soon as we got ourselves cleaned after playing water, we went along the beach to look for food. There are around 5-7 restaurants but somehow only 2-3 are full. We went to Alu-alu Divers and had our dinner there. I ordered green curry beef and it was not bad at all! They use the same ingredients for almost all the food. And we can choose to have chicken or beef. 
RM20 worth of satay I kinda like how the satay tastes

This is my green curry beef for only RM9.90 with a plate of steamed rice
Us before dinner :)
Oh, I forgot to mention, here is where we get WiFi connection. Here, Delton tells us a story :D 
This is how our diner looks like 
HUNGRYYYYY
alu alu divers (If not mistaken managed by many ang mohs)
After dinner, we walked back to our hotel and continued the night playing Taboo. The walk back was pretty challenging because it was raining cats & dogs. Worried that it will also rain the next day but thank God, it didn't. Our trip consist of 2 (real) adults and I am really glad that they are no ordinary adults, they played Taboo with us and we certainly had a great time laughing at one another. And so the night ended with that. 

Here is the start of the most important and fun part of the trip! 

SNORKELLING
The next day, on our agenda was breakfast, snorkelling, lunch, dinner. Haha! Yes, relaxing much! We had a good breakfast at the hotel before going to the sea at 9.30am. 

Breakfast buffet line consist of:
Sausages 
Scrambled egg
Tuna pasta
Fried rice
Porridge
Cereal counter
Bread counter
Nuggets
Selection of coffee, tea or orange cordial

If you plan on going to trips like this, I'd suggest you don't buy snorkeling packages before you go because it will SAVE YOU a fortune! I am serious. So thankfully our hotel has such service. The snorkeling package is only RM35 per person and it includes 5 spots which took us about 4-5 hours. We were really blessed to have 2 very careful and fun guides. For those who are short/long sighted, fret not because with addition of RM20, you can rent a pair of snorkel which gives you perfect vision. *thumbs up* 

Ready to SNORKEL! 

Ready to SNORKEL 2

LET'S GOOOOOOO 
Notice the boat driver behind? He was like my personal guide. He led me everywhere and made me touch live corals! Dipping into the water is by far the most beautiful experience of my life. I am serious. I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THAT BEFORE!! The moment I looked into the water, my heart literally beat super fast. and the whole time I was thanking God for making this trip possible and also thanking Him for creating such beautiful creations. :) I regret for not borrowing a under water camera from my friend for this trip. Anyway, I guess it just gave me more reasons to come next time! So, back to the water, I saw many many types of fishes, they were beautiful. Some were yellow, some were orange, some purple, some mixed. I saw a sting ray! I saw baby shark, I fed pretty looking fishes that weren't afraid of human beings, I had complimentary fish spa while at it! Haha! And I saw a huge turtle.. Everything was just priceless. I am so ever thankful for nature!
HAHAHA looks retarded. Don't care. It was freezing!!

Tried to capture fishes near almost surfacing beside our boat, FAILED. 

Hi, it's me with my snorkeling gear
So after 4-5 hours of energy gone, we went to get ourselves cleaned up and then headed for lunch. Went to this place which serves burgers and we ordered FIVE! Hahaha too lazy to make decision. Waited pretty long for the food to arrive. But I guess it was worth the wait. Burger tasted good, mainly coz I was starving! 
Where we had lunch
Selfie before lunch after snorkeling
Just a random shot coz so colorful :) I love colors!
Here's my beef burger, yum yum yum 
We've been having lemonade since we stepped foot in Terengganu. They make good lemonades!
So after lunch, we went for a walk until the 'end' of the beach, we found hammocks so the boys slept in for a bit and we went to wash our feet in the clear blue sea water!After a while they got tired and rested (slept like logs) while I go have some alone time. :) I went to the beach, again. And Spent 1 hour there alone, took some pictures as I walk. 

After lunch selfie

After lunch !

Oh and we met One Direction, you have no idea! 

On the hammock which super hurt my burnt skin

A wallpaper shot which I adore

When you're alone, this is sort of a mandatory shot. Haha

This one is a screensaver shot. The couple don't know shhhh
Then, at night, we went for dinner and we were really happy that we found this place. I ordered something really nice and affordable! Seriously, NO REGRET!! Let me show you! 

This is Fisherman's Grill. RM20 :D 
There you go, Fauna Beach Chalet Restaurant serves the best grilled seafood
So after dinner, we just decided to sit on the beach and chat a bit. However, a bit did not happen. we talked and talked and.... talked. erm, some pretty good and important stuff about church. :) And the night ended with a prayer. :) 
Ta daaaaaa! right after the photo, we went back into our rooms and ZZZZZzzzzzz
The next day was just breakfast and then another swim at the beach and then say bye bye to island. That's all! Thank you for reading thus far! Hope you enjoyed the post and my long grandmama story haha and seriously, you HAVE TO get your butt to Pulau Perhentian (Besar). Byeeee! Ok let me end with some photos. 
Hahaha keropok lekor lovers, you'll def love this place! A whole zone of lekor!
Lunch before we left. This is from April Cafe, RM13 (beef) 

THANK YOU FOR READING :)


You May Also Like

0 kind notes