JESUS CULTURE (and shopping)

by - 01:29

So I just went on a 3-days trip to Kuala Lumpur. I was pretty excited over this trip because, first, I was gonna meet Jesus Culture, second, I was gonna drive there, third, the thought of having a getaway! So I started the journey with 3 other amazing people. We left Penang about 6:15am coz we wanted to have breakfast at Foh San Dim Sum in Ipoh. Reached Ipoh at around 8:00am and found out Foh San closes on Tuesdays. #!@&^%# . Yes, that was the look on our faces. Haha!! So we opt for another place which I had forgotten the name. They also serve dim sum. Not as good and super pricey coz clearly they knew we were not locals... Sad... So after breaky we continued our journey. Reached KL, rested a lil' while and then shopped a lil' while and then off to City Harvest Church KL for JESUS CULTURE concert!

The Experience
To be honest, I did not expect much from the concert or maybe I didn't know what to expect. All I knew was that I was gonna meet them face to face! So we reached there quite early and then found out that we were on the PRIORITY list and that we were going into the hall before others. That really made me feel so special :) So we went in like 30 minutes before the concert started and that 30 minutes did feel a little longer than usual. Haha. So yea, the band came out, led a few songs and then the band director came up to share. Banning Liebscher is his name. His sharing was really powerful. It was very subtly powerful. Some points that I still remember up till now is:
1. We are all called by God but only few are chosen. The chosen ones are the ones who respond to the calling.
2. We all ought to seek God and he loves to be found by us. This is illustrated by the Hide 'n' Seek game where Banning would purposely stick his foot out so that his kids would FIND him. He was mentioning that God is already sticking His foot out for us to find Him. WOW! Just WOW!

After the sharing, the band continued to lead us into worship. I was told Kim Walker wasn't feeling very well so she didn't sing much that night, which was fine but that's not the point. Haha so the night ended with a silent 'moment'. It was not JUST ANOTHER MOMENT OF SILENCE. That moment was God-moment. It was spirit filled moment. Tears streamed down my face. I could hear people in the hall sobbing. I knew that the Holy Spirit was just touching each one. I haven't felt this in a long, long time. And at that time, no one was singing, no one was speaking. It was literally just the synthesizer and God was moving so tangibly. What a way to end the night- with God. I left the place feeling different. It was such a refreshing time I had there. It was AMAZING!

Here are some shots I got that night:

 We were taking pictures of the screen before the team came out... 


Here's Banning Liebscher sharing his heart


 View from the back.Hands were lifted up to praise our one and only awesome God! Beautiful!
This was us after the concert! Happy faces! 

With Mei Ling before the the whole thing started. 
After the concert we were just sitting down, chit chatting about every little thing like the sound and lighting and how great God's presence was... and ....suddenly Sean spotted them!

PAPERPLANE PURSUIT!

Only half of the band here but who cares?! 
Acting silly. No. Actually just looking at somewhere else. :P 
Paperplane Pursuit is one of a few Malaysian bands who makes really good music. When we approached them, they were like "how did you guys know about us?" Now, that's really funny coz they didn't know they were famous? So humble! So here's one of my favs:



Beat of Your Love is played on the radio already! 

And so the next 2 days were filled with shopping and walking, mostly.
Went to a few malls which I totally adore. It feels really different there. I felt like a village girl walking into a city. That's sad righttt?? However, I was super happy that I got to watch a fashion show by SEED. Saw so many local celebs and famous people whom I only got to see in TV and magazines! Psyched! Pictures below:
SEED's spring/summer collection 2014. 
I. saw. Gillian. Hung. OMG!! I've always saw her only in Mags or in the TV. She's an icon! We, Malaysians need to see how our own people can be so super successful and not criticize or leave the country.
To sum it up, the 3 days I spent there in KL were really amazing. I am so thankful to have had this time off from work and everything else back here just to see the 'world' out there. Ahhhhh now that I'm back, what's next? These are what I had gotten out of this trip:

1. Encounter with God
2. Gained some courage and confidence in driving to an unfamiliar place
3. Appreciate my country 
4. Go back there in a few months 

Whoa!! You managed to finish reading this post! Well done! 

Thank you for reading and goodnight! :) 

You May Also Like

0 kind notes