Hello, Two O One Five |

by - 15:08

Just thought of keeping this blog alive earlier in the morning. I know I haven't posted anything on how last year ended for me. Well, here it is!

I'd say 2014 was fantastic! To sum up how my year went, I'd say it was a year of many many many answered prayers, sometimes they weren't even prayers but mere thoughts/desires that I did not ask God for. I am just beyond blessed! I had one of the best Birthday celebration in my life, I joined a band that I've always wished since young, I got promoted at work (to the position that I wanted), got nominated as staff of the quarter, won a 'pink' competition at work, perform at staff party, wore red lipstick (HAHAHA), got into an accident (was not hurt) that caused me to make police report on my own, co-wrote and recorded a song and many more. Most wonderful was God keeping my grandma safe. Still praying for healing for her. If you will, pray with me! 



Thank you, Lord for remembering me all the time! I think it's very important to focus on the positive things in life rather than the negative. Although sometimes the bad stuff happens for us to learn, but if I were to dwell on the misfortunate events I wouldn't be so happy and thankful now!

After Christmas, I was able to make the KL trip possible with my 2 beloved! So glad that they were very accommodating to my requests. So we left Penang early in the morning. Checked in to De Uptown Damansara Hotel. I’d say, for the price we paid, the hotel is not bad at all! Also, it is located in the middle of most of the places we planned to go. After we’ve checked in, the rest of the day was just shopping, makan, shopping, makan. Actually I intend to write more about food in this post so bear with me yah! And you might probably get some heads up when you plan to go KL, with somewhat tight budget. Hehe!

Day 1 Lunch
Went to Village Park for their famous Nasi Lemak. RM9.00 for a plate of scrumptious fatness. Haha! On the plate, we have a huge piece of fried chicken thigh, sambal with ikan bilis, half of a hardboiled egg and few slices of cucumber. I personally think the nasi lemak is okay. But Sean loves it and would rave about it non-stop.



Day 1 Dinner
Our dinner was at Uncle Jang’s at Solaris. We knew about this place from the last trip we went. Wasn’t able to try as they were out of chicken meat -.- So we know we have to try this time!
I don’t remember the prices but we ordered a normal dak-galbi for 3 and added 2 ramen and 1 mushroom, more than enough for 3 persons. However, we were able to finish the whole thing. My rating for this is 5/5. I loved it! I love how when everything combines, the taste is just indescribably good! And I after I came back from KL, I found out that there’s a similar restaurant in Penang too, which I WILL GO SOON!



The second day was a Sunday and how can one miss church? This could be my first Sunday Service in KL. We picked DUMC. Every time when I go to churches in KL (the larger ones) my eyes sure O.O! Mainly because the building is major huge compared to ours in Penang, and also because of the servant hearts of the church. We saw many parking attendants along the road, and I once heard that some of them are big shots in their workplaces. I am so humbled to see that! We need more willing and serving people like them in our churches. So after the service, I bumped into a dear friend whom I have not seen for 8 years. And of course, we talked and laughed like how we used to in school. The feeling was nice and warm… hahaha! 


After that we went to Ikea. Ok now back to food:

Day 2 Lunch
I can never go to Ikea and not be tempted by their food. NEVER. We ordered, chicken wings, beef meatballs, cold shrimp salad, fish & chips, Salmon. Yes, A LOT for 3 persons. Everything was good except Salmon.

Ok I side track a bit here. Every time I go Ikea, I can only buy small stuff like, Idk, straws? Dustbins? Photo frames? And I have always wanted to look at them furniture with hope that I can bring them back with me. I have always loved decorating a house (or my room for now). And now that I can at least afford a dressing table, I found one that is super suitable to double up as a work space and dressing table. I got so excited and took with me table lamp and pretty table rag to go with my table. To my utter disappointment, the table that I wanted to get was out of stock!! Well, I believe everything happens for a reason. So ya la I am still surviving without that table what. :D
Alright now back to dinner, after we walked super long at Ikea and another mall we went to:

Day 2 Dinner
To Boat Noodles we go!! Ok this one even if the noodles were soooo good, I’d still won’t bother to give a high ranking. Why? Coz they made us wait for ONE HOUR! One hour you know! And I was so hungry and grumpy!! Went in, ordered 10 bowls. 1 bowl is about 3 mouths?  So we ordered half spicy and half non-spicy. Then to me, they were enough but not for Sean and Serene. They wanted more and said that the spicy one was nicer and ordered 10 extra bowls. HAHAHA! In the end, either we ordered wrongly or they sent wrongly, IT WASN’T THE FLAVOUR WE WANTED! Haha but still we managed to finish. One thing that I like about the place was the drinks. They looked a bit scary coz they were colourful but the taste was (y) superb! And partly why I didn’t find the noodles nice was because they had cilantro in it.. I don’t like the smell…. And I also mentioned that my 2 beloved were really accommodating, Serene gave me the meatballs in her bowl so I can enjoy more.. Aiyo.. how can I be so loved??



Day 3 Breakfast
Aunty Sim Wan Tan Mee was our pick. Sean and I went there in our previous KL trip and find that they have the best Wan Than Mee we’ve tasted! I personally don’t really like wan tan mee but this one was da BOMB! I rate 5/5! And to add wan tan with soup, you only need to add 30 cents! What deal is this?!

Day 3 Lunch
We weren’t really hungry so we had sushi from the sushi bar. And I have no comments coz sushi is sushi. Haha!

Day 3 Dinner
Now now now. This is one dinner I HAVE to rave about. We were going back already and decided to have dinner at Ipoh. I say Ipoh you say? TAU GEH CHICKEN! This is the first time I tasted Ipoh’s tau geh (bean sprout)chicken rice. Gosh. ONE WORD. DELICIOUS! We ordered whole chicken and I had koay teow instead of rice. We also ordered a bowl of pork meat balls. The soup was good. Meatballs were great. Chicken was divine. Love every bit of it! We went to OnnKee. I know Lou Wong is more famous and widely publicised, however, according to the feedback from our friends, Onn Kee’s food tastes better. 5/5 AGAIN!


It's me and Mr, Wong

My Christmas gift from Mr. Wong :) 

And here's how I spent the last day of 2014: 





So that trip was the high point of how I ended year 2014. God is forever good!

Hi, 2015! Not gonna ask you to be good to me, but I’m telling you that you ARE gonna be good to me. Not only to me but to my family and loved ones as well! Bring on challenges that will build me, shape me!

I welcome you… (err I’m a bit too late isn’t it? It’s already 22 days of 2015 already hahaha!)


Thank you for reading! 


You May Also Like

0 kind notes