Thankful |

by - 14:19

Today is, surprisingly, few of the days where I actually FEEEEL loved. Loved by a super awesome Almighty God, loved by my parents, loved by my partner and loved by my friends and colleagues. I am reminded about this nice feeling because of very simple things that happened throughout these months, weeks and days. I've not been in the best attitude and mood but people around me still chose to love me, chose to forgive me. That's really the best feeling ever!


So this post, I would really want to dedicate to the people whom I hold dearly to my heart... Just to say THANK YOU! 

First, I thank God. I thank Him for giving me life. I thank Him for the boundless opportunities that He has given to me and for the unending blessings and answered prayers. I've shared this before about my grandmother in my previous post, you can have a look here. Her condition went from bad to worse, then to amazingly good! I know and I know that it is God. I can never be wrong about this. 

Grandma was diagnosed with diabetes and few other sicknesses including malfunction of some organs (not sure which organs) and her health deteriorated very quickly. My mum took care of her for a few months at home but her condition worsened. She was in and out of the hospital, she was even isolated because of the bacteria that was in her body.  Everything went downhill and we had to send her to a nursing home because she couldn't eat anymore and needed to be fed every 4 hours through a tube. In the nursing home, she developed bed sores. I never knew how horrible bed sores are until I saw it with my own eyes. It is like HUGE mouth ulcers on your skin and it can cause you to bleed. So my grandma had a few bed sores and because she couldn't move much, it got worse. One day, she had a fever and she pulled out the feeding tube and to cut the long story short, she was again sent to the hospital. She stayed there for 11 nights. Few of the evenings I helped her change diapers and just accompany her. She wasn't very chatty at all ever since she got sick. She couldn't walk or make big movements anymore. 

My family members started praying and started to ask their Cell groups to pray. So people from different churches were actually praying for her. I occasionally shared about it when I am in my weekly Life Group and they prayed too. I never gave up praying coz I believe that God will heal and that He will use this situation to open doors for my parents to come to know Him. 

Just 3 weeks ago, it was the Raya holidays and we decided to visit my grandma as a family. My uncles & aunties were there too. We saw how grandma's condition improve tremendously. last month, her feeding tube was removed and she could slowly eat. She's also going through physio therapy to help her move. She could make big movements now. She's also become very chatty and witty just like ol' times. So that afternoon, when the nurse placed a huge plate of solid food in front of her, I thought they were gonna feed her. But to my surprise, she picked up the spoon and she ate. SHE ATE!! HALLELUJAH! HAHA! I was sooooo happy and grateful to see that scene! I almost teared. And just a few days later, my mum sent us a video of her sewing a pair of pants. OH MY GOSH!! Seeing her improve this much is somehow unbelievable. She couldn't grip a pen few months back and now she's sitting up, looking fresh and SEWING. 

Now, tell me it's not God. 

Second, I wanna thank my parents. I thank them for treating me like a big princess. For always making sure I have my dinner... And sometimes my breakfast... And Fruits. Thankful for my mum for picking up my clothes from the laundry basket, wash them, hang them, fold them and deliver them to my room and my dad for being the most patient person I have ever ever met...

Third, I wanna thank my wonderful boyfriend, Sean. Not as patient as my dad but he's getting there. I've started to have this PMS attack where it totally destroys my jovial self, every single time (month). And I would go really unreasonable especially towards him. But he takes it all in every month. Besides that, I thank him for loving me. For forgiving me whenever I did something crazy and made him mad. And for always being the sacrificial one. He would always give me whatever I like (for example, if his meal had prawns, he'd give them to me.) I thank him for being so gifted and talented in music and his willingness to serve in church week in week out and for having a big big heart for the church.. 

See guys, you should kill me if you ever catch me complaining about my life.

And lastly, I thank YOU for taking the time to read this ah ma's blog. :) 


You May Also Like

0 kind notes