Keep The Mane Thing The Main Thing |

by - 22:50

For many years now I've been wanting to dip dye my hair. Pink, Blue, Purple, Red? I couldn't decide coz all of them look so super good. I never got the courage to do so but also because I've never wanted to spend a big sum of $$$ on the mane. Somehow, this year I felt I should do it because if I don't I'd be too old for it :D haha!


After few weeks of thinking, I've finally decided to cut and colour my hair. It was last Saturday after work, I went to Unique Essence (5 mins drive from my house). Until then I have not yet decided what colour to go with. I went there with 4 photos and let the hair stylist, Suki, pick. I never regretted since that decision was made. However, I'd like to share my experience that day. First, Suki cut my super long hair. I love the length and the shape! Then, her helper came to bleach the lower half of my hair. The bleaching process was one of the most torturing process ever! I sat for about 4 hours with very very minimal movement. My back was as stiff as a tree bark. I was in pain, still could not make any big movement to stretch. I tried to sleep but my position was uncomfortable to fall asleep in. When I finally see her coming to check my hair I was leaping in joy inside. So finally after the dread, the bottom half of my hair became dark yellow like this: 


The moment I saw my hair looking like that, I actually thought of backing out. I was scared. This was the most drastic thing I've ever done to my hair! And the texture was so so rough it felt like my barbie doll's tangled hair D: But of course, I let them carry on...
So the next step was to make my hair look like this: 

Source: Google Image
Nice right? I was soooo excited for my hair to look like that minus the pretty curls. Haha! Who knew that the process of getting this beautiful colour means you have to go through this:

What a sacrifice... 
They sectioned my hair into 2 parts, the top layer was dyed in Ash Green and the lower part, Blue. And it resulted to this... You ready?

Oh, how nice! 
This was taken the day after when I was in church.

The torturing 7-8 hours at this time, is worth it! I wasn't supposed to wash my hair until 48 hours but being me, I washed it the day after. Like 24 hours after. I regret doing so coz the colour did come off a little. And to maintain the colour I cannot wash my hair daily, which is such a torture. I guess this will be my first and last time. Oh, let me also share what shampoo I have to use. It's Schwarzkopf's Color Freeze which cost RM30.00 per bottle: 


OK, so I am happy with the final product of my hair and I feel it looks really good now that the green colour is more obvious. It blends so well with the blue. And yes, I be honest. I feel chio and received so many compliments. The total cost was RM320. I am not sure if it was normal or over priced but I'm happy with this though I don't think I'd do it again mainly because I won't get to wash my hair daily. I hate oily looking hair ok? Ok, since I spent so much, let me post one more photo for your reading pleasure :P 



Thank you for reading! 

Love,
Sheryn

You May Also Like

0 kind notes