Forking Good |

by - 12:32

It was Kyra's (friend's baby girl) birthday party last month at Yella Fork and we totally were blown away by the food. It was super crazy good! I knew I'd come back for more. The restaurant was a little warm yesterday and we were a little uncomfortable but then the food was so yummy, we almost forgot how warm it was. 80% of the restaurant was decorated / painted with yellow. I kinda like coz it gives a "happy" feel. Haha! So here's what we've tried:

Fusion Sensation with Roasted crispy pork belly - RM17 (Plain - RM11)
I picked this : Fusion Sensation was really yummy. You can taste Thailand! I guess they use fish sauce that's why?  I love how the pasta done-ness is cooked. The texture was super good, I feel like having more! However, the only weak spot is the saltiness of the dish. I give: 8/10 

Pie In The Sky - RM21
For sharing : Pie In The Sky is by far one of the most tasty pies I have ever tasted. The pastry was perfect and the creamy filling was seriously superb! I am NOT  a salad kinda person but even the salad on the side was yummy. The vege was really fresh and crunchy. Again, this was THE MOST salty dish we've picked last night. If it wasn't that salty, it would be 100% perfection. I give: 8/10

Yellanara - RM13
Sean's pick : Yellanara was Yella Fork's version of Carbonara, obviously. Among all that we've picked, this was the only one I have not much to shout about. The sauce was so-so and portion is a little small (could be because they only charge RM13). But 2 things I like about this were the pasta done-ness and it wasn't too salty. It was just nice. I give : 5/10

BBQ Ribbing - RM22
Mummy's pick  : BBQ Ribbing was the most wanted dish on the table. This is what I call perfection. The pork rib was so tenderlicious you don't need the knife. The mashed potatoes was so so good, although it was just mashed potatoes. The sauce was amazingly heavenly. And even the shredded raw cabbage was good. Haha! If you ever visit Yella Fork and love Pork, please, save yourself some trouble looking through the menu and order the BBQ RIBBING. I give : 11/10 (if there's such thing)

Susan Forks It - RM17
















Daddy's pick : Susan Forks It was a Yella Fork's version of chicken rice but 10 times more yummy ok? I love how every piece of chicken was so succulent and tender and juicy and tasty! I really cannot describe the taste. It's very special and very yummy. They are also pretty generous on this dish as there were quite a number of chicken cutlets served. The rice blends well with the well-marinated chicken. I give : 9/10

So overall, I'd say the eating experience was good. You can't really find a place like this in Penang. Yummy food with affordable price. It's every Penangite's "criteria" when it comes to hunting for good food - the price is a factor too! I would really recommend you to give Yella Fork a try if you're a foodie. But when you order, you could maybe ask for less salty. When I bring my mum out for a meal it's actually quite stressful coz she's a ultimate foodie. Haha! She says when I say yummy, it's normally "so-so", but when she ate the food here, she asked me to get their name cards (which I forgot) so she could recommend to her friends. Haha, my mummy is a kind soul!

Yella Fork
Address: 27A, Jalan Chow Thye, 10050, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Operating Hours: 11.00am - 10.00pm (Closed on Mondays) 

Thank you for reading!
 

Love, 
Sheryn 

You May Also Like

0 kind notes