Pulau Langkawi |

by - 23:49

I have to admit that this post was written almost 2 months ago and this trip was 3 months ago but I think it's still worth the post? Given all the effort of editing the video (CREDITS TO SEAN) and typing stories, here is my Langkawi trip with Sean's family... Oh, before you judge the videos, let me justify myself ok? I am totally not comfortable in front of the camera, especially in video mode. I tried my very best because this camera was gifted to me for a reason... That is to start vlogging. I am still struggling, but I will be better... Enjoy!

Sean's family planned to go on a family trip last year and Mama Wong decided to go to Pulau Langkawi. I have not been there since I was 17, and that was my first time. When I was there like 8 years ago, I wasn't given a chance to explore coz it was a cycling expedition... I know right, I was young and fun and adventurous. So yeah, Sean booked a budget hotel (Nagoya Hotel, Kuah) via Booking.com and we decided to take the ferry instead of flight, just for the experience. The ferry ticket was also bought online and cost RM140 per adult for a return trip. Sean and I were excited to know that we're going there. I used to think that there's nothing much to do in Langkawi but I guess I was wrong? We saw many blog posts and travel videos about the island and it made us excited to plan for our visit -there. We were there from 27th - 29th Dec 2015. 

We didn't do some of the activities that we planned for because there was not enough time. So if you ever plan to go here, maybe you should stay longer than us. Here's a day to day summary of what happened...

Day 1:
I stayed over at Sean's place because his bro in law was supposed to fetch the whole family at 6.30am, but didn't happen so we didn't have time for breakfast. We were sort of in a rush to Penang Port and found out that Sean's bro in law left his wallet at home! We asked the police on duty and he said it was okay for him to go without IC. Praise God! When we were at the port, an interesting incident happened. There were many people there lining up to board the ferry and there was not much of a walkway at all. It was PACKED. Mama Wong was talking to Sean's sister and there was this uncle who wanted to push a big trolley with hard case luggage through. I'm not very sure if he asked to make way but he decide to push the trolley against Mama Wong and of course, she was shocked and hurt. She let out a "stupid" as an expression but was misunderstood by the notorious uncle that she called him stupid. He raged. He shouted back at Mama Wong with unkind words and I believe everyone around was looking. I was furious. He didn't just not apologise instead he went crazy. Sean and Papa Wong were furious too and they asked the uncle to apologise but he walked further in. I told Sean to take photos of him so that we can report him to his management. I actually wanted him to be sacked. So to cut the story, we took some photos and then left to board the ferry.

Later in the evening, I was reminded of forgiveness. Sometimes we do stuff that don't deserve forgiveness, yet we receive it from God. In the same way, what the uncle did was wrong. But he should be forgiven. So I chose to forgive him and let the incident go after praying for him. And I really believe that he'll realise someday that what he did was wrong and repent.

The rest of Day 1 was sight seeing and eating... The best beach I've ever seen was at Pantai Cenang, where Casa Del Mar was located. If you didn't know, Casa Del Mar is the sister hotel of Hard Rock. I had a little proud moment (in my heart) when I saw how beautiful the place is. After that we went to Wonderland Seafood in Kuah for dinner later in the evening. If you're starving, please bring some snacks along while you queue. This place is always packed but thank God because it's owned by Sean's relative, we got our table pretty fast. The food was good and we ate for FREE! Hoooorahhhh!!
























Day 2:
As planned, we went for Mangrove Tour. This cost RM90 per person inclusive of transport and lunch at the fish farm. I think it's not as enjoyable to me as to the rest coz it was quite boring, until we saw and pet some fishes and saw eagles feeding on fishes. And I need to mention this. The lunch was bad. I didn't bother taking photos of the lunch coz I was very disappointed. We were starving as our breakfast was also bad, hoping we will eat some seafood again for lunch but all we got was very bland fried rice and vegetarian tom yum soup. :(

We then went to take the SkyCab. I was excited for this. The SkyCab station is located at the Oriental Village, a theme shopping centre housed in 30’s individually designed buildings showcasing Malaysian and Oriental architecture. SkyCab is The Longest Free Span Mono-Cable Car in the world... *flips hair* Malaysia mou tak teng! Ok, so I was excited to walk on the Sky Bridge too until we found out that we were too late (And that was at like 3 something?) as they close at 6.30pm.  So we had about 2 hours to waste spend until we board the cable car. It was tiring and boring.. :/

The cable car ride was not as interesting as I thought it would be because Sean's mama and sister were afraid of height and Sean's mama even shed tears.. So the situation in that capsule was quite intense and I didn't really enjoy the view as much as I wanted to. There will be a next time!

Oops, before I forget, I wanted to share something. When we were lining up to board the cable car to get down from the mid point, we encountered some rude ang mohs, I believe they are from the Latin America? The line was super long and when we were getting closer, a group of 4-5 ang mohs tried to cut the queue. We told them that the queue starts from behind, not here, they LITERALLY IGNORED US LIKE THEY DON'T GET IT. I've honestly never met such ill-mannered ang mohs in my life. I thought they were the ones with good manners. Hmph! I was furious!



Day 3:
It's our last day here but it didn't stop us from doing some beach activities! We went island hopping in the morning. I'd say the beaches that we were brought to weren't as nice as I imagined but definitely better than the Mangrove Tour. This package cost RM30 per person. It only covers our boat rides. What was totally nice about this is that we were in a speed boat and the guy riding it was an adventurous one. We flew countless times while in it haha! He also made me experience some drifting which was super cool but super scary. I screamed like never before. We went to the Pregnant Maiden's Lake and I had the most fun time there. 

So the whole trip, I intended to make a vlog but was a tad bit too shy but still managed to cook something up. Haha and I thought my face was not made for VLOGGING but because of that new camera Sean bought me, I somehow felt responsible to do it. Haha! Till then...



Thank you for reading and watching!

Love,
Sheryn



You May Also Like

0 kind notes