Entopia Penang |

by - 15:37


Attractions in Penang are vastly rising so if nobody evolves, in another word, move forward, they're just gonna be taken over by new and upcoming attractions. This is why I salute the once boring looking butterfly farm. It is now transformed into a modern-spaceship-looking building housing over a thousand species of butterflies and other creepy crawlies.

I am fortunate enough to get to experience what tourists experience coz I work in the hotel line which means I stand a chance to visit places where people need to pay, for FREE! How cool? Last year I went to Star Cruise and just yesterday I visited the newly revamped Butterfly Farm now called Entopia.

Entopia's Mascot 
It was wayyyy back when I last visited this place. I don't even have any memory about how it looked like inside the building. When I walked in yesterday I was a little surprise to see soooo many butterflies flying around me. I almost forgot they are EVERYWHERE. Haha it was quite hot when we went but hot is good. Butterflies love the hot weather, that is why they were flying happily, everywhere! I even saw a couple of butterflies doing the "courtship dance" in the air. In courtship dance, the male butterfly seek approval from the female to mate! Even butterflies have good manners. Haha! Once approved, they will start mating  and here's how it looks like:

Mating on the ground
Look at the colours! These Butterflies are feasting on the Hibiscus juice.
This netted area is called the Grassland where the Dragonflies live
A close-up with Blue!
I will literally collapse if this thing moves. Thank God it was so still, camouflaging with the plant.
This one too! I had a hard time noticing them!
After walking around and being super fascinated by the insects, we went into the indoor part of the park. I got the chance to hear from the owner, Joseph Goh about what he does besides this exhibition. Besides the exhibition, Entopia also does exporting of butterflies. Many zoos from other countries are importing the pupa from this place. Everything is done within 4 days, including transportation to make sure they remain safe. Since the life expectancy of a butterfly is about 14 days, I suppose Entopia's exporting business will only grow. Listening from the owner himself made my visit even more interesting. He explained how fast the caterpillars consume leaves and how they need to have enough 'food' for them and that he has a 30-acre land solely built to breed the butterflies.

At this stage, the caterpillar becomes liquid and forms into a pretty butterfly.
Hello World! 
My mind is BLOWN. How amazing is this metamorphosis?? Something that has a body and legs, turns into LIQUID and then turns into something with WINGS. This is the beauty of God's creation. We will never fully comprehend how things work, but they work anyway. And btw, I actually don't know how caterpillars look like can you imagine? When I think of caterpillars, it's always this green cartoon image in my mind... Wait, lemme show you...

This is how caterpillar looks like to me before I saw the real ones. HAHAHA! 
Soooo... This is how caterpillars look like!!
Here's another one.. They look a little scary rite? With the pokey pokey thingy.. Haha! Not as cute as I thought.
 Ok, I bet you didn't know this:
HAHAHA I think I wasn't sweating enough earlier...
There are actually more areas which I have explored in Entopia that I didn't mention in this post. They are quite dark and I didn't have my camera with me so I didn't take photos. All the photos here were taken with my Samsung Note 3. The darker areas are pretty cool as well. I saw more bugs and weird looking creatures in their terrariums. You should pay a visit soon! At the end of my tour, I went to the souvenir shop and was attracted by... stickers and some really cool environmental friendly pens!!




These pens were made from biodegradable compose. So super cool!
This is how the entire area looks like.

Here I end my post. This was such a nice breather from work yesterday! The heat and sweat were worth it. What's in Entopia besides the living things? There are meeting rooms, cafe, theater, souvenir shop and more! You should visit their website to find out what activity goes on at different time of the day. They are also selling introductory tickets now, so hurry, get cheaper tickets from their website!


Entopia 

Address: No. 830 Jalan Teluk Bahang, 11050 George Town, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Opening Hours: 9.00am - 6.00pm, Daily
Contact: +604-888 8111
Ticket (Introduction): RM39 (adults) RM23 (children) RM23 (senior)

Thank you for reading!

Love,
Sheryn

You May Also Like

0 kind notes