"these are a few of my favourite things"

by - 18:34

(3rd August 2013)
Just when I said I needed to go on an outdoor-and-no-malls trip with my bestie(Serene) in the afternoon, we made it happen at night! We were supposed to just hang out and have dinner somewhere in the island but we ended up driving all the way to the mainland for Tambun Seafood! Haha it was really really exciting for me lo.. Like an adventure you know??? And I used to be very much more adventurous than now. Sad hoh. Okay so we we took about an hour to reach cuz we were also looking for an ATM machine. Haha need $$$ leh if not how to eat ho liao (good food)? So we arrived and looked around, every table has minimum like 4 people. And we were the only 2 girls. HAHAHA. So we sat and ordered. and ordered. and ordered. Came up to 6 dishes. WHOA!??!! Serious not? Ya la!! SIX. We were scared we cannot finish but lo and behold, the plates were squeky clean! And while we were eating, I realised that the table beside us were staring at us as if never see people eat. Please okay. It is really rude to stare (FOR SO LONG) !! Okay so after we ate we were just chatting away and laughing and all then I think we attracted much attention and we thought maybe they think we're lesbo or something. Cuz Serene was removing some stuff from my hair and I was feeding her mantis prawn eggs ahahhahhaha!! Okay, so here are some pictures before I bore you out.

The famous Penang Bridge (that leads us to the restaurant)
So here we are at Gee Seng Seafood. Sorry for the blurred picture. Too hungry and excited. Heee
 Boiled baby octopus with fried garlic (SOOOO GOOD) 
 Oyster omelette (yikes blur picture again..)
 Kam Heong kappa (clam)
Fried mee teow. Yumm!
 Best satay I've tasted so far (in 22 years)
Sometimes when you eat, you save the best for last. So here I am, saving the best for last in placing the pictures. HAHAHA My ALL TIME FAV! Baked mantis prawn. 
Here's all our food that night. 
Anddd 30 minutes laterrr.....

Okay that's about all. Remember I said I wanted to introduce my BFF here? Okay, this girl ah has been my bff since like when we were only 11 (I think) and yes there were ups and downs throughout this friendship but I'm glad and thankful that we're still standing strong HAHAH!! When you read quotes about a friend that will stand with you through thick and thin. Many people don't believe it. But I do. Because I experience it. Serene has been here for me literally through thick and thin (my body size also count hor?) HAHA! And I could never ask for more. Say until I also wanna cry de. So ya la. That's a very summarized introduction but it's all from my beautiful big heart okay!! Praying that this friendship will last. Serene, till death do us part! HEHE! 
Nah, a picture for you to enjoy our greedy face! 

So okay, back to the seafood, we really enjoyed ourselves cuz great food + great friend of course great time la! And also, to let you know the food we had only cost us RM59.40 (including drinks) VERY VERY CHEAP ALREADY!! On the way back we drove passed auto city, being super hong so (don't wanna go home), we stopped by for tutti fruiti. had quite amazing frozen yogurt. I enjoyed this one so much more because we didn't put toppings hehe should have done that before.

 And after that we continued our journey home. It took us 4 hours to and fro. Not bad rite? I love last minute plans like this! 

Okay so that was what happened last Saturday.

Today:


I have decided to fast social media from 6-25th August 2013. My church launched prayer and fasting for its 48th Anniversary. So I chose social media because it will be harder than fasting food. Seriously. I don't think I could go a day without Facebook/Instagram. So this is and will be a super hard challenge for myself. But with the help of my Father I know I can do it. And also, I will be starting work on the 26th August de. So everyone, goodbye!! I'll be back after 19 days!!! See y'all!! 

With much love,
Sheryn



You May Also Like

0 kind notes