Where I live |

by - 22:34

I was out for almost 12 hours today and when I came home, I walked to what looks like confetti but it's actually fire cracker paper.Well it's Deepavali today and I don't mean anything rude. I noticed that people started playing fire crackers during this season only few years back. Back then when I was younger, people only play with fire crackers during Chinese New Year.
Really confused now. 

I am so fumed up seeing only my corridor this dirty coz obviously my "neighbour" upstairs helped us "decorate". They were having a party and I was sooooo tempted to go up and let them know it's not cool to do that but I was stopped by Sean. I took a broom and I swept the floor and shoe cabinet and I made sure their guests saw me and would feel bad. I was so angry! I stormed into my house after that and I just had to calm myself down. Didn't know it would take so long to cool down. 

Being angry for 30 mins got me thinking about the place I am staying at. I live in a relatively high densed flat unlike many of my friends for about 22 years now. I have neighbours who are immigrants. For example, the people staying upstairs. I face quite a lot nonsense here... I face problems like not enough car park space, once in a while I hear people fighting. The most recent case was just a few nights back when I heard shouting and crying from upstairs. I can hear the "kotai" a few times in a year and as I'm typing now, I have some Chinese song as background music which I rather not having. I have to go through the suffering sounds of fire crackers during CNY, Deepavali and other festive seasons. The struggle is real. There are so many more stuff that I can list but I'm a bit too lazy now. 

So yeah, I am not very happy with the condition here now. I wish I can move with my family to a more peaceful place. I wish money wasn't an issue. I wish this place would remain peaceful just like 10 years ago. i wish I had more car park space, I wish I don't have to suffer noise anymore. I WANT TO MOVE OUT! 

Take me away... *sobs*

I'm sorry I know it's supposed to be a "today I choose joy". I have failed. But I did try to find something to be thankful about. While I'm writing this, I have a bed. I have a roof over my head, I have electricity. I choose to be contented, although I really don't mind moving out. :D 

Thank you for reading!

Love,
Sheryn 

You May Also Like

0 kind notes