Secured & Confident |

by - 23:27

There are stories that can be posted on social media, and then there are posts that I choose not to post there coz it's weird knowing that ALL my friends on FB/Insta will see them. You can't hide. But then there are times when I still want to express my thoughts. So I do it here. It's "safer" in a way coz I won't know who exactly sees this. HAHA!


So what led me here was a comment someone gave me earlier today at work that made me realise something quite important. 

Weeks ago, due to the haze, my skin reacted to it and had rashes and was super itchy, my face was red. So I went to the Spa to look for aloe vera to help soothe the itch. And one of the therapist (a very helpful Bangladeshi man) helped me apply the freshly cut aloe vera on my forehead. He met me today and asked about my skin condition and I said it is gone. then he went on to comment that i had many spots on my face. pimples. And I was a bit sad coz I had nicer complexion before this. He said "dulu cantik, sekarang banyak bintik" (you used to be pretty but now there are so many pimples) and asked me to go for facial. Well, if you know me, I don't do facials. So I said "takpe, biarkan saja" (Nevermind, leave it as it is) He then say, "nanti boyfriend tak mau you" (your bf wouldn't want you anymore). The moment he said that, I just laughed and I was so sure that if i had 100 more pimples, I am sure that my boyfriend still wants me. 

Now now now, I think this is something. This is something that I believe is very important, to know that your boyfriend loves you not only because you look good. I mean I really believe that Sean loves me for who I am, even if I have pimples or I am plump. I believe with all my heart that this relationship is not centered on the outward appearance, although I cannot take it for granted. I need to do my best to look presentable too but I am certain that I don't have to look a certain way, dress a certain way or have a certain skin to be loved by him. I simply need to be myself, love God and love him. SIMPLE. 

This short conversation with my Bangladeshi friend has just made me realised how secured and confident I am with Sean. Thank you, Lord for bringing us together.

Random but this is how I roll... I can be really crazy.

Like really crazy...

Sometimes, not the funny kinda crazy but more to hurting kinda crazy...

But despite that, we're still together.. Yikes. Too cheeesy!
(But but but I love cheese... :D)

Thank you for reading!

Love, 
Sheryn

You May Also Like

0 kind notes