The long awaited family trip |

by - 13:16

I really believe in acting fast- making quick decisions I mean. Mommy has been dreaming of going on a trip together as a family and I only managed to make it happen for a road trip to Ipoh 3 months ago, which both my parents enjoyed so much. We literally ate from the beginning to the end of the trip... Look at their happy faces! Priceless.


So about this upcoming trip that we're planning to go... It's a land a little further than Ipoh. We're going to KL! I know it's nothing much to shout about (location wise) but I bet it's gonna be exciting coz they seldom travel. I'm just gonna share about where I book my stay and where we're going, what we're eating etc. 

Pre-trip:
We originally planned to stay with my uncle but too bad, he won't be in town that week. So I've decided to give Airbnb a try. I've read about it from a blog and thought that I should explore further. I logged in with my Facebook account (so convenient!) and got started. You just need to indicate what type of accommodation you're looking for and how many people travelling, airbnb will filter the best places for you. For my case, I was looking for a shared room at first coz I didn't wanna spend so much on accommodation. I stayed at a budget hotel (DeUptown Damansara) booked from Booking.com last year and thought I should try something different this time. I eventually decided on booking a whole apartment for 5pax. Airbnb's website looks amazing. It attracted me the moment I'm in. Have a look yourself:
Nice rite?
So yeah, booking a place was kinda hassle free... Until the payment part. I only use a debit card and do not have a credit card. I wasn't exactly clear that Airbnb do not accept payment from a debit card. I tried a million times trying to pay but was rejected again and again. I contacted my host (the owner of the apartment I chose) and he was so nice to answer to my (silly) questions and tried to help me. I gave up trying in the end. Another thing I didn't like is that no matter how many times I change my preferred currency, it remained at EURO. I got quite irritated with the whole booking thing at the end of the day. I gave myself a few hours to chill and then tried again using my mum's debit card(s). It failed again so I resorted to using my dad's credit card (without his permission haha coz he was asleep) and finally... I saw 'Payment Successful' but it was still in EURO. I really don't know why. 
This though... >:/

But yay! Accommodation: checked. 

To be continued... 

You May Also Like

0 kind notes